October 24, 2014
Wow! How nice to be nominated for the Liebster award by My Life at the Pencil Sharpener! This award is for those new to blogging with less than 200 followers. I don't even know how many followers I have...how do you figure that out? Thanks to all the teacher-bloggers out there whom I've learned so much from!
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging this summer. I attended several conferences this summer and it seemed to be a recurring theme so I thought I'd try it.
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Going deep- I really think we need to push our students to go deep with their thinking.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
I learn something every day. The generosity of teacher-bloggers is amazing.
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
I love to read. I also like to bake but reading is my all time favorite past time. I'm also a Disney-phile. Love walking around Disneyland and California Adventure on Sunday mornings.
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
I spend about three to four hours on it. I create my blogs on Saturday and then schedule them to post during the week. Then I spend a few minutes every day linking the posts.
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
There are categories? I can be found looking at teaching blogs or Disney blogs.
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My kids. Everything is rooted in the classroom.
8. Of which post that you have written are you most proud?
I love talking about literature for the classroom. So I'm most proud of my
"It's Monday, What are you reading?" posts.
9.Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Sharing and getting great ideas from others.
11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
Love Heather's idea for a gutter flower box in the classroom! I doubt my principal would let me do it but it is beautiful.
1. Brynn Allison
2. Ms. Powers
3. It's Elementary
4. Teaching Tykes
5. Wild about Words
6. Little Lighthouse Learners
8. Teacher Karma
9. Anchored In Learning
11. Brain Brigade
To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)